If you have installed the Joget Mobile App on your Android or iOS mobile phone, you may want to install the Mobile Push Notification Plugin.
The Mobile Push Notification plugin is quite similar to the User Notification email plugin, except that it sends the notifications to your mobile phone instead of emails when a user receives a new pending task assignment.
For Mobile Push Notification to work, in the Joget Mobile app, you will need to create a Joget profile of your Joget server and proceed to login with a valid username and password.
- Download the plugin using the download button below.
- Upload the plugin via your 'Joget Console>System Settings>Manage Plugin' into your Joget installation.
- In the Design App page of the Joget app that you would like to send mobile push notifications, click on 'Properties & Export>Set Plugin Default Properties' button, and select the Mobile Push Notification Audit Trail plugin.
- In the Plugin Configuration page, you just need to key in the Base URL to match your server domain or IP e.g. "http://192.168.0.110:8080/jw" and leave the rest of the default property values. Do not use http://localhost:8080/jw. Click on 'Submit' to save.
- Do Google for more information on configuring the Google GCM API Key.
At this point, the configuration is complete. If a mobile device running the Joget Mobile App has a configured profile to this Joget server, it will receive a push notification whenever a new task assignment is created for the user.
Do read Joget Native Mobile App > Push Notifications for more information.
- Updated on 3-Apr-2020 to allow display UTF-8 characters on push notification on mobile devices
- Updated on 25-Oct-2019 to use the Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) cross-platform messaging solution. As of April 10, 2018, Google has deprecated GCM.
Steps To Import This Plugin
- Click "Download" on this plugin screen (It will be a .jar file).
- Go to your Joget localhost or server, in Joget Console navigate to "Admin Bar>Systems Settings>Manage Plugins" and click "Upload Plugins" button.
- In "Upload Plugin", select the plugin .jar file you just downloaded, then click "Upload".
- Depending on the plugin type, you can now view your new plugin in your form or datalist or userview.
- Remember to always uninstall the old plugin before uploading a new version.
- The Joget Knowledge Base has more information on managing and developing plugins.